Thriving with Yoga
Thriving With Yoga: for people with the experience of cancer
We invite those with a present or past diagnosis of cancer ~ all ages and fitness levels ~ and family members/caregivers to join us for FREE yoga classes. Research shows the benefits of yoga for those living with cancer. We have studied with some of the leading research groups in the USA and India and share these yoga techniques through this program.
Yoga can help:
· restore range of motion
· rebuild strength and stamina
· relieve tension, fatigue and anxiety
· bring a sense of calm
· strengthen our sense of well-being
· enhance sleep
· control pain and discomfort
· manage lymphedema, neuropathy, hot flashes, depression and other side effects
· help witness emotion with self-compassion
· add to your social support network
Movements may be made from a chair. You are also invited to attend if you do not even feel like doing any movements. Sit and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere as well as the meditative practices that we share!
1. When: Monday afternoons from 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.
Where: The Elliot Regional Cancer Center & Dana Farber/NH Oncology & Hematology, Londonderry, NH
2. When: Tuesdays from noon- 1:00 p.m.
Where: St. Joseph Hospital, Nashua, NH
When: Tuesdays from 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
Where: at VA Hospital in Manchester, NH
3. When: Wednesdays from 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
Where: Southern New Hampshire Medical Center in Nashua, NH.
4. When: Wednesdays from 1:30-2:30 p.m.
Where: at Elliot Hospital at River's Edge, Manchester, NH
5. When: Thursdays from 6:30-8:00 p.m.
Where: CMC Wellness Center, McGregor Street, Manchester, NH in conjunction with Dartmouth
Hitchcock Medical Center.
Make sure you are on our mailing list to get notifications about new locations or changes to existing locations.
Cost for all classes: Free! Registration and med form required.
Read feedback from past participants here.
1. Send and email to with your name, address, phone, email and a brief statement of interest
2. Medical form required (unless you completed one for us in the past 12months). Please download the form here and ask your
physician to complete it.
YogaCaps, Inc. is an all volunteer 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that builds a healthy community by making yoga more available and affordable. We share free classes for special populations at area hospitals and community centers, as well as donation based events for the general public. We specialize in therapeutic yoga experiences for those with chronic health and mental health conditions.
Past support appreciated from A Market Natural Foods and Franco American Centre.
"Yoga has definitely changed my life and I love the change. As you know, it helped me a great deal with lowering my blood pressure and it also has helped greatly on those target areas that had been affected during the various surgeries for both the breast cancer and the melanoma. The upper body muscles are benefiting from those upper body yoga moves and positions. I thank you for taking into consideration those special target areas when putting together the yoga programs. Your attention to our special needs is greatly valued and your continuous updates in making sure we are still OK with them are greatly appreciated. I have been thanking my special angels... I would be remiss if I did not thank you who are my very special angel."
~ class participant